Designer Series (DS) Range Hood
Incorporates an entire fire suppression assembly into an affordable range hood design for UL300 applications. Help protect against the No.1 source of structural fires.
The Designer Series (DS) offers an economical solution that protects against range-top cooking fires.
The DS is suitable for in-home applications as well as UL300A limited commercial settings. The commercial-grade fire suppression system is fully integrated within the hood system, making it an ideal option for any cooking space with a residential-style range.
The DS Series combines the look of a traditional hood with a suppression system, proven effective with a mechanical system, a wet chemical agent, hardwired disconnect options, and alarm contacts.
- White powder coat as a standard finish
- Designed to protect a like-sized domestic-grade cooktop or range
- Weight: 29.25lbs (13kg) to 33.25 lbs (15kg) depending on the configuration
- 2-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Exceptional lead times
Code Official Details
The DS Series was introduced as a higher quality alternative to existing 300A retrofit kits. These systems were normally installed into a standard residential range hood to provide a basic level of protection for a light-duty cooking application. However, retro-fitting is never ideal because the installation quality, conspicuous design, and non-commercial technology could affect the performance of the system.
The DS Series is engineered for similar applications but incorporates true commercial-grade technology into a fully integrated, pre-engineered, out-of-the-box one-product system.
- Glass links heat up
- The Set Point is met
- The glass links break
- Suppressant is discharged
- The fire is extinguished
- The fuel source shuts down preventing re-ignition
- An internal audible alarm sounds
- An optional tie-in to your building’s fire alarm system can be added.