This limited warranty covers normal use. Company does not warrant and is not responsible for damages caused by misuse, abuse, accidents, improper installation as determined by the Company, unauthorized service or parts, or the combination of Company’s branded products with other products. This limited warranty does not cover non – Company branded products. To obtain service under this limited warranty, customer must follow Company’s warranty procedures.
Limitation of Liability
- Except for the warranties expressed in this agreement, Company disclaims all other warranties, either expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction, or modification under applicable law. The term of any implied warranties that cannot be disclaimed are limited to the term of this agreement.
- Company’s maximum liability is limited to the purchase price paid by the customer for products or services supplied by the Company.
- Neither customer nor Company is liable to the other if customer or Company are unable to perform due to events that are not controllable, such as acts of God, force majeure or for property damage, personal injury, loss of use, interruption of business, lost profits, lost data or other consequential, punitive or special damages, however caused, whether for breach of warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, other than those damages that are incapable of limitation, exclusion or otherwise.
- Company is not responsible for labor, or any other charges involved in the service of such agreement.
- Warranty is not transferable.
- Distributors are responsible for managing all warranty claims related to the product.
- If preventive maintenance is not performed and proper documentation is not maintained, the warranty of the product is void (Refer to Service Manual documentation for required maintenance).
- Company reserves the right to request proof of preventive maintenance prior to honoring warranty requests.
TERMS OF WARRANTY
- Denlar Fire Protection warrants to the original purchaser or, for products purchased from a Distributor to the original end-user that Denlar Fire Protection products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship from the original date of shipment or installation date as indicated on the warranty registration as follows:
- Standard Warranty Period
- Model D1000 (Unit), its parts and accessories
- 36 months
- Model Designer (Unit), its parts and accessories
- 24 months
- Standalone ClockBox or ClockBox Pro (Unit), its parts and accessories
- 24 months
- Warranty Registration
- Installation date on warranty registration indicates the start date of the warranty
- Unit must be registered within 6 months of purchase to be eligible for the extended start date of the warranty
- Failure to register product(s) will result in the default warranty period beginning on the shipment date
- Product Warranty
- During the warrant period, Company will, at its choice,
- Provide replacement parts necessary to repair the product or,
- Replace the product with a comparable product, or
- Refund the amount customer paid for the product based on the original Purchase Order provided to Company, less damages or other misuse to the product evaluated upon its return.
- Additional product or parts
- Purchasing additional products or parts from Company does not extend the original warranty period of the Unit.
- The warranty period of such purchased product(s) or parts is for an additional period based on the Standard Warranty Period above mentioned, which starts from the date of shipment from Company to customer or installation date as indicated on the warranty registration.
- Shipping and Ownership
- When Company arranges transportation
- Company will arrange to ship products to customer according to the information provided in the Purchase Order by customer unless otherwise requested in writing by customer.
- Responsibility and ownership pass to customer when customer signs for the receipt of product from Company’s original shipment to customer.
- Customer must deny receipt of product if product packaging appears damaged and/or it is believed to be damaged.
- Any or all packaging damages must be noted at the time of receiving and signing the BOL or mechanism of documenting acceptance of product(s), failure to do so will result in forfeiture of any claims.
- Customer must notify Company of damaged or missing items from the order within 7 days after receipt of product.
- When customer arranges transportation via common carrier
- Responsibility and ownership pass to customer when customer’s designated carrier takes possession of product(s) from the Company.
- When customer arranges its own pick-up
- Responsibility and ownership pass to customer when the customer and/or its designated representative takes possession of product(s) from the Company.
- Optional Extended 36-month Warranty
- An extended warranty is available at the time of initial product purchase only. This extends the warranty for 36 months. The optional extended warranty covers the product(s) to the same extent as the standard warranty.
Warranty Replacement Policy
Customer may exchange inoperable systems or components within the following guidelines:
- Product issues will be fully vetted by Company’s Technical Service Staff via remote trouble-shooting exercise to determine if warranty replacement is applicable.
- A no charge PO from the original purchaser will be required prior to shipment of any replacement parts under warranty. If the terms of the warranty replacement are not met, then the original purchaser will be responsible for the replacement cost.
- When deemed appropriate by Company, a credit card from the end user may be required and will be charged if the terms of the warranty replacement are not met.
- Consumable products that are use recurrently such as fire detectors, fuses, air filters, light bulbs, etc. and/or as noted in Company’s product documentation are not eligible for warranty replacement.
- Replacement system(s) or component(s) will be provided and shipped free of charge as long as the following terms are met:
- System(s) or component(s) being exchanged under warranty terms must be returned to Company within 30 calendar days from the date the replacement is shipped from the Company.
- Same packaging (inner and outer) provided with the replacement component must be used to return inoperable system(s) or component(s).
- System(s) or component(s) issues must be due to manufacturing or assembly error.
- All replacement component(s) will be shipped via standard freight unless customer advises in writing otherwise and assumes the additional cost.
- Such system(s) or component(s) will be new or serviceably used, comparable in function and performance to the original part or product.